UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Charts Shrinking, Access 2016    

chilladsi
post Sep 27 2019, 10:00 AM
Post#1

I have a report with 6 charts on it.

Quite often the charts render in a way that they are all squished to the top left area of the chart container - all charts on the report will be affected the same way. When this happens the charts will probably only be half the size they could / should be.

The chart is set to "Stretch" size mode. They are often fine, and I am struggling to find a pattern / reason as to why this is happening?

I have added an image illustrating the issue The outer borders show the chart area size that could be filled.

Thanks
This post has been edited by chilladsi: Sep 27 2019, 10:40 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Capture.JPG ( 89.44K )Number of downloads: 3

Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 27 2019, 10:37 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Can you identify any pattern in the way these charts render differently? Perhaps opening them directly from the Navigation Pane vs opening them from an event on a form. When you send them to print? Any difference between opening them in Print Preview mode vs Report mode?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

chilladsi
post Sep 27 2019, 10:39 AM
Post#3

Not so far - the image I attached was created as part of a batch routine on one of our virtual machines - but I then went onto the same machine and ran it manually and it was the same. We are outputting to PDF so I must admin actually I haven't seen if the Access report ever renders by itself too small now I come to think of it, but when outputting to PDF it is certainly randomly coming out "shrunken"

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 27 2019, 11:12 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

I think we might benefit from a sample db that shows the problem. Too many potential variables at play.

I'd really like to try out opening the reports in different modes, using different data sets, as part of a trouble-shooting process.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

isladogs
post Sep 27 2019, 11:22 AM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

Stretch can lead to distortion. Try using zoom mode instead which should work better.

--------------------
Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
Website, email

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    12th December 2019 - 05:20 PM