UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sharepoint View Does Not Work, SharePoint 2013    

ironmathyu5
post Apr 18 2020, 10:10 AM
Post#1

Hello,

I've been trying to get an overview of all "checked out" documents on our SharePoint. I tried to do this by adding a view where I would filter the items by:

Checked Out To is equal to [Me]andModified (indexed) is greater than or equal to [Today]-365

This should give me all items I checked out and which have been modified in the last year (365 days). Unfortunately when I try to save this view I get the message that this view results in more than 5000 items showing (more than the threshold). The strange thing is when I change the formula to [Today]-1, the view works and shows me the only document I have checked out (which I made to test this formula, I have no other documents checked out).

Has any of you encountered this problem too? Is it a bug maybe?

Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Apr 18 2020, 11:22 AM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi. Welcome to UtterAccess! welcome2UA.gif

Based on the error message, it is saying when the result of the view is over the limit (5000?), then there's a problem with it. When you changed your criteria to get a result below the limit, it worked! So, try adding another criteria to reduce the result below the limit. Or, I think there's a setting too to return the first whatever number back, like SELECT TOP.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 18 2020, 11:34 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

IIRC, the default for lists retrieved that way is the 5,000 you're encountering. Follow theDBGuy's suggestion for avoiding the problem. If this is an on-premises SharePoint site, the site admin can advise you on how best to work with the limits, and perhaps you can ask for custom settings for your specific needs.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

theDBguy
post Apr 18 2020, 12:05 PM
Post#4

UA Moderator

Hi. I was thinking you could also try this feature/setting:

Attached File  limit.png ( 10.88K )Number of downloads: 5

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    4th July 2020 - 07:52 PM