UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disable Connect To Sqlserver From Ssms, SQL Server 2008    

mr.siro
post Dec 11 2019, 08:53 PM
Post#1

Hello guys, how to disable connect to sqlserver from SSMS that connect from some special computer or IP.
My sqlserver can connect though internet, now i want ssms only can connect from lan network, don't allow connect from internet.

And how to hide master database from special user. I create new user and deny permisson view any database, but this user can see master and temp database. I don't want that.
This post has been edited by mr.siro: Dec 11 2019, 08:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

MadPiet
post Dec 11 2019, 10:49 PM
Post#2

if you deny the user the right to create databases and deny him read/modify to master, then he effectively can't use master at all. Master is basically your template for your databases that users can create.

And why do you not want them to use tempdb? That's just completely bizarre.

PhilS
post Dec 12 2019, 07:10 AM
Post#3

how to disable connect to sqlserver from SSMS that connect from some special computer or IP.

SQL Server currently hasn't any feature to restrict access based on network related criteria. You need additional software (Firewall) to implement these restrictions.

And how to hide master database from special user. I create new user and deny permisson view any database, but this user can see master and temp database. I don't want that.

I believe you cannot restrict read access to the master database because it is required for any login and you cannot restrict access to the tempdb because this is required for internal query processing.

Master is basically your template for your databases that users can create.

You confused that with the model database. master is SQL Server's internal database storing things like logins, server configuration, system stored procs etc.

--------------------
A professional Access developer tool: Find and Replace for Access and VBA

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    5th April 2020 - 06:12 PM