UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Population Of Multi-valued Field, Access 2016    

Slicemahn
post Jun 6 2019, 12:32 PM
Post#1

Hi UA Nation,

I am trying to figure out how to populate the Trainers Req'd column. Before you ask the question, it is a requirement for a SharePoint calendar project that I am working. To explain the database I have attached:

1. Training [Offerings] are captured for a period of time (let's say for the month) and made available to schedule trainers
2. An offering based upon requirements (not included in the sample db) may have 1, 2 or more trainers. (I have included examples)
3. qryBookedOffers are the marriage between Offering and Trainer.
4. T_SharePointObject is a replica of the table in SharePoint in which the Booked Offers need to populate.

My questions are: Is there a way to populate the Trainers Req'd column to have all the trainers required for the offering/event? And, I've looked for this on this site and could not find it, could someone provide an example of how to automate the update/cancellation of the three tables (Offering, Trainers, and TrainerOfferings)?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Sample_Training_Database.zip ( 68.26K )Number of downloads: 7

--------------------
Let me ask you a question: What do you think of a person who does the bare minimum? ..Office Space 1999
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jun 6 2019, 12:54 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. I have a demo on my website on how to work with MVFs, but I am not sure if it will work with SharePoint linked Lists.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Slicemahn
post Jun 6 2019, 04:40 PM
Post#3

Thanks DbGuy! I will check it out and let you know.

Slice

--------------------
Let me ask you a question: What do you think of a person who does the bare minimum? ..Office Space 1999

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th July 2019 - 02:22 AM