UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adding A Favorite, Any Version    

payfast8898
post Sep 19 2019, 10:52 AM
Post#1

I have always done this with queries or hard code but was wondering what the easy way to do it via code would be.

I have a lot of popup forms and or dropdown menus but on new records my clients will give me the default they want to have loaded and I hard code it in but they like to change their minds from time to time so I want to add a default or favorite check box option to these.

What is the code so if there is already one chosen it will say there is already one chosen do you want to replace the current default with this default for example? I want to make sure I don't have two defaults chosen for that group of answers. I said group because in that table I may have 50 different groups sorted by a sort field for example colors may be filtered by a number 1 in all the color sort fields, and 2 in all the paper sizes etc. if that makes sense so I don't want it to uncheck other defaults just the one in the group. I have been searching but must not be putting in the right key words just not coming up with what I'm looking for thank you

--------------------
"When a collection of Brilliant minds, hearts and talents come together...
Expect a masterpiece"
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Sep 19 2019, 11:04 AM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. I guess you're not talking about default values for fields, right? Because for those, I just use a "preference" table.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

GroverParkGeorge
post Sep 19 2019, 11:05 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

You'll need to create a user table in each user's Front End accdb to hold the selected preference types and whatever values they want to set for each preference.

Save the selected preferences to this table when the user edits them in a form you provide to do this.

Retrieve the selected preferences from this table in an AutoExec macro that runs when they open the Access Relational Database Application.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th October 2019 - 11:50 AM