UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Custom Ribbon Opens Blank, Access 2016    

pere_de_chipstic...
post May 18 2019, 04:00 PM
Post#1

UtterAccess Editor

I've just updated my DBs from A2007 to A2016

On opening the database a login form is displayed and the Ribbon hidden; after logon a main form is displayed and the ribbon shown using DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarYes

However the ribbon, while maximised, doesn't show any controls. If I manually resize the Access window the controls appear.

What's causing this and how can I ensure the ribbon controls are displayed automatically?

Also the opening ribbon XML (from my A2007db) is xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui" should this be changed for A2016?

Thanks in anticipation

--------------------
Warm regards
Bernie
Go to the top of the page

June7
post May 18 2019, 05:01 PM
Post#2

There have been some changes to how ribbon customization is coded starting with Access 2010. However, most of what worked in 2007 should still work, does for me, but I am still on 2010.

Have you seen https://www.accessribbon.de/en/

I have not been able to get 'backstage' coding to work.

This post has been edited by June7: May 18 2019, 05:04 PM

--------------------
Attachments Manager is below the edit post window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.
DEBUG! DEBUG! DEBUG! http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/DebuggingVBA.aspx

pere_de_chipstic...
post May 18 2019, 05:29 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess Editor

Hi June

Thank you thumbup.gif

Gunter's website is very useful, but it only seems to go up to A2010 and wasn't sure if there might be further changes to the schema, but the 2009/07 version seems to work. There isn't any reference (that I can find!) to the ribbon being blank, but I've added DoEvents after DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarYes and this seems to be an effective workaround.

I've now need to find out how to either hide the backstage tab or hide the majority of the controls on it!

Cheers.

--------------------
Warm regards
Bernie

theDBguy
post May 18 2019, 05:38 PM
Post#4

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi Bernie. I hope something in this article gives you at least some of what you need. Cheers!

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

pere_de_chipstic...
post May 18 2019, 05:59 PM
Post#5

UtterAccess Editor

Hi DBguy

Thank you, the 'Show add in user interface errors' tip was very useful,

Interestingly, the backstage ribbon commands only work if the startup code is allowed to run, if you hold the shift key down when you open up the db then the full backstage commands are available.

The show errors option does throw up an error, but sorting that will have to wait until another day!

thanks.gif

--------------------
Warm regards
Bernie

pere_de_chipstic...
post May 19 2019, 09:22 AM
Post#6

UtterAccess Editor

With the following ribbon XML, the backstage appears blank (see below), with the rest of my custom ribbon displaying correctly,

CODE
<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui" onLoad="onRibbonLoad1">
<!-- this is a comment -->

<ribbon startFromScratch="true" >

<!-- Your custom ribbon xml here

</ribbon>

<backstage>
     <tab idMso="TabOfficeFeedback" visible="false"/>
     <tab idMso="TabPrint" visible="false"/>
    <button idMso="ApplicationOptionsDialog" visible="false"/>
    <button idMso="FileExit" visible="false"/>
  </backstage>

</customUI>

The original Backstage XML comes from Gunter Avenius's website - though even this gave error messages when the 'Show add in user interface errors' option was set.
I've rem'd out the items that gave an error message and added the <tab idMso="TabOfficeFeedback" visible="false"/> XML Command

I may reinstate some of the options on the backstage, depending on if I can hide some of the controls on each tab (e.g. the 'Encrypt with Password' command on the Info tab). Do you know, or how can you find, the ID of Backstage commands?
This post has been edited by pere_de_chipstick: May 19 2019, 10:04 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Backsatge.JPG ( 45.02K )Number of downloads: 5

--------------------
Warm regards
Bernie

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    23rd October 2019 - 03:40 PM