UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Distributing A Word Dotm File, Office 2013    

jnisbett
post Feb 23 2020, 04:57 PM
Post#1

I have developed a Word template which I wish to distribute electronically to six facilities outside of my organization. However, the template contains macros which Google and other email services identify as potential security risks, and so the emails with the template attached are automatically blocked. I certainly understand the security actions and the reasons behind it.

I have also uploaded the template file to Google Drive and tested downloading it to myself. The results were inconsistent: Sometimes the download was blocked; sometimes the download was permitted but the file was identified as being infected with a virus.

I am known to my intended recipients, so we can certainly be in contact to verify the legitimacy of the download. But the inconsistent experience of a download is bothersome.

Question: What method can I use to distribute my macro-enabled template safely and reliably, short of physically delivering it in person?

Thanks for any suggestions.

J
Go to the top of the page

June7
post Feb 23 2020, 05:17 PM
Post#2

Zip it with Windows Compression and send the zip file.

--------------------
Attachments Manager is below the edit post window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

jnisbett
post Feb 23 2020, 05:32 PM
Post#3

Thanks June7 for the suggestion. Gmail blocked the ZIP file, just as it did the dotm template.

The zip attachment was delivered to non-Gmail address, but opening the unzipped file lead to Word crashing...twice.

Any further suggestions?

J

June7
post Feb 23 2020, 05:34 PM
Post#4

Sorry, don't use Google Drive nor Gmail so I cannot offer solution.

--------------------
Attachments Manager is below the edit post window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

DigAtRandom
post Mar 18 2020, 07:18 PM
Post#5

Try changing the Zip file extension before attaching. That method worked to avoid some critical scrutiny. On the other end, the recipient would need to revert the extesion.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    8th April 2020 - 07:16 AM