UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> You Never Know When Your Favorite Guru Is Going To Retire, Access 2013    

projecttoday
post Nov 13 2019, 08:15 AM
Post#1

UtterAccess VIP

Better to make a copy.

--------------------
Robert Crouser
Go to the top of the page

Phil_cattivocara...
post Nov 13 2019, 08:48 AM
Post#2

So... hurry up to save everything from here?
Martin Green's Office Tips from Waybackmachine

--------------------
Please forgive in advance my horrible English.

FrankRuperto
post Nov 13 2019, 08:55 AM
Post#3

I always thought that permalinks were the solution, but it seems like dynamic web pages and link rot have taken over the web. I managed to archive all the posts from the LinkedIn PMADN group before Microsoft bought LinkedIn and sure enough the older posts disappeared. One of the things I miss the most is all the accumulated knowledgebase in Microsoft's websites, a lot of valuable information is no longer accessible.
This post has been edited by FrankRuperto: Nov 13 2019, 09:09 AM

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix and Oracle DB's.

jleach
post Nov 13 2019, 10:38 AM
Post#4

UtterAccess Administrator

I've been particularly concerned about Chip Pearson's work since he passed away. Luckily, the site and all its content is still hosted, but I don't know how long it will stay that way.

It's a remarkable tome of very high quality VBA programming information. I learned more from his efforts than I have from any other single source over the years.

--------------------
Jack D. Leach
Founder & CEO
Dymeng Services Inc.
Business Software Solutions

GroverParkGeorge
post Nov 13 2019, 10:43 AM
Post#5

UA Admin

Juan Soto, who owns Access Experts currently hosts at least two sites that I know of which were previously owned and operated by former Microsoft Access MVPs. While that's wonderful, it's hardly a solution for all of those sites that are going to be slipping into this no-man's land in the all too near future.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

FrankRuperto
post Nov 30 2019, 05:45 PM
Post#6

I recall Juan Soto telling me in 2014 he was going to continue maintaining an Access website that belonged to Larry Larsen.

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix and Oracle DB's.

gemmathehusky
post Dec 3 2019, 08:05 AM
Post#7

UtterAccess VIP

One thing that disappeared is a host of MS mdb database templates. They were replaced by accdb templates, which I found harder to use.

As an example the A97/2003 Inventory database that I called Dharamsala Tea (the first record shown was for that product) was a terrific learning tool. (Once you changed it to make goods outwards counts negative, rather than positive)

--------------------
Dave (Male)

(Gemma was my dog)

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    14th December 2019 - 03:41 PM