UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Custom Web App Button, Any Version    

lizba
post Jan 2 2020, 11:40 AM
Post#1

Hi
I am looking into the possibility of an Access Web App. I am using Access 365. I am not sure where to start.
If someone can steer me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Liz
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jan 2 2020, 11:54 AM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi Liz. Access Web Apps were discontinued by Microsoft a while back (April 2018, I think), so you will probably have to try something else.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

RobKoelmans
post Jan 2 2020, 12:10 PM
Post#3

Hi Liz,
It seems we're the only ones still providing AWA hosting to third parties like you. Under SPLA terms, you can test and development without fee for three months provided you have no other end users than you as developer. When you have others use your apps before three months you start paying fees. It's 10 euros a month for the first five users, going down to 2,50 for the next ten going down to 23 cents per user over 200 users.

We can also setup a copy of the awa database to a SQL-Server Express instance for you. That way you will have the datamacro's available through Power Automation to just about anything (SharePoint SiteCollections, ASP .Net, PowerApps, PowerBI etc.). We can help you setting up Canvas- and Model-based PowerApps combined with AWA. You would have to gradually phase out the browser part of AWA and be just paying for a virtual machine running SQL-server Express or run the AWA-datamacro created stored procedures in Azure-SQL later on. You can also deploy your own SQL-Express (that has more than enough performance providing you indexed your tables correctly.

In all it may seem some of a hassle but it's a really effective way to get PowerApp applications developed and deployed in a professional 3-tier fashion with no drawbacks at all that you unavoidably would get from a faulty architecture.

If you need to have users up and running really fast, the above may be a good strategy. We can help you setup the AWA in a matter of hours to days, depending on what data and metadata you have available to import and what functionality you need.

It's all in the architecture, the process functionality should run in the database where the data is. not in the client (but a lot of practical issues have developers choose otherwise often). AWA datamacros help knowledge workers and process matter experts create robust and transactional stored procedures that are easily deployed by PowerAutomation/Flow in Office365.
Rob
This post has been edited by RobKoelmans: Jan 2 2020, 12:23 PM

lizba
post Jan 2 2020, 12:19 PM
Post#4

Ah, that explains a lot
thanks
lightbulb.gif

lizba
post Jan 2 2020, 12:20 PM
Post#5

Thanks Rob
I will sound the company out and see if there would be interested .
Regards
Liz

RobKoelmans
post Jan 2 2020, 12:24 PM
Post#6

Liz, good. Send me a PM if you need to know more.
Rob

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th February 2020 - 10:36 AM