UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Error 3049/append Query To Back-end Table, Access 2013    

mchapa89
post Apr 8 2020, 12:37 PM
Post#1

I have about ~20 front-end databases that all connect to a Master back-end database. Since Monday, I've had certain front-end databases not load their respective tables to the master database. When attempting to run that append query, I receive the message "Cannot open database". It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt." Nothing in the structure or design of the databases has changed, and there are some databases that still work fine. All the databases are under 1GB

Any thoughts as to what it could be?

Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Apr 8 2020, 12:47 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi. With nothing to go on but the error message, maybe they did become corrupt. Have you tried using a backup copy?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Jeff B.
post Apr 8 2020, 01:21 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

About those "front-end databases" … how are they connecting to the back-end? If you are using a Wide Area Network and/or wireless and/or internet connections, Access has documented issues with corruption across those types of connections.

--------------------
Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP (2002-2015)

Mention of hardware or software is, in no way, an endorsement thereof. The FTC of the USA made this disclaimer necessary/possible.

mchapa89
post Apr 8 2020, 03:14 PM
Post#4

Well, both the front-end databases and back-end databases are stored on a shared drive. I am connecting to the drives through VPN.

Another person I reached out to mentioned that VPI might be a better option, but I did try to run this append query from my home office where it worked last week, and nothing.

mchapa89
post Apr 8 2020, 03:15 PM
Post#5

Hi there! Yes, I did, but it continued giving me that error. I even tried replacing the tables from a working template and the append query doesn't work with the new set of data, it prompts the same exact issue. I'm at a loss for what it could be within the tables that glitches this append query out.

mchapa89
post Apr 8 2020, 03:21 PM
Post#6

http://www.UtterAccess.com/forum/Append-qu...n-t1956060.html

What this person is saying is similar to what I ran into.

Bullschmidt
post Apr 13 2020, 10:42 PM
Post#7

Any thoughts as to what it could be?

Just a shot in the dark but perhaps make sure that all the users are closing their frontends when not in use.

Another idea I have is what if you split up the append somehow into smaller chunks? For diagnostics it seems like it could be good to test one chunk first (i.e. such as just the appending the first 50 records instead of 5,000 records or whatever) once just to see if this would help, and if so then actually build the design change.

--------------------
J. Paul Schmidt - Freelance Web and Database Developer
Sample Database on the Web
Sample Access Database

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    30th May 2020 - 10:16 AM