UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't Get Command Button To Work, Office 2013    

pmcpowell
post Oct 27 2019, 10:31 AM
Post#1

Hi, I'm revisiting an old automated document which updates a large number of fields within a .docm document based upon a spec sheet which has data bookmarked. As this is now going to be used by non-macro literate users I placed a Command Button on the spec sheet which I wanted to run the already tested macro. For the life of me I can't get this to activate on clicking. It just puts a box around it like it is in editing mode. Tried Ctrl Click etc but the macro wont run. In the CommandButtton (Click) code window I tried pasting in the code from the macro and also calling the Macro but it just doesn't activate. I put a pause on the first line to see if it lit up yellow but the code is not activated when I click.
I'm sure that this is going to be something simple but I've already spent an hour on this so please help if you can.

Many thanks,
Peter
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Oct 27 2019, 11:04 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Did you click, deactivate, the Design Mode?
Macros are enabled (you've checked you Marco Security)? It is in a Trusted Location?
Any chance you can post a copy of the document (removing anything remotely confidential first)?

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2019 Microsoft MVP, UA VIP, EE Distinguished Expert 2018)
Professional Help: https://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: https://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

pmcpowell
post Oct 27 2019, 02:28 PM
Post#3

Thanks Daniel - My bad, I didn't realize that Design Mode had to be deactivate. It's been a while since I automated anything :-)

One other thing though - I don't see the option to attach a macro to a Ctrl + key. It used to be in the Macro window where you would go to edit or run a macro. Is it still possible to attach a macro to a Crtl+ key?

Peter

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    14th December 2019 - 09:28 PM