UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can Toolbar Positioning Be Tamed In The Vba Editor?, Any Version    

js909
post Oct 22 2019, 12:53 PM
Post#1

Has anyone ever seen an add-in that can save the position of toolbars in the VBA Editor and restore them next session? Alternatively, can the positions of the VBA Editor toolbars be retrieved easily, perhaps by looping through Application.VBE.CommandBars? I could write the code myself if I understood which objects and properties to loop through. But I'm guessing this is not possible, I have the Code VBA and MZ-Tools add-ins, if this were easy to do it seems like they would have offered this feature a long time ago?
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Oct 22 2019, 12:56 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Are you experiencing unexplained movement of your toolbars? I don't recall having any issue with them. Or, are you thinking of another use for this feature?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

js909
post Oct 22 2019, 01:44 PM
Post#3

The VBE Editor does handle saving and restoring the position of the basic/built-in toolbars like Standard, Edit, and Debug. It also remembers what add-in toolbars you want to see (as selected in menu option View | Toolbars), it just doesn't bother to save and restore their positions. In other words, you can reposition/reorder the basic toolbars, close the VBE Editor and Access, and when you reopen Access the basic or built-in VBA toolbars will be in the same position/order they were when you closed the program. However, if like me you have a number of add-ins and each add-in has a number of toolbars as well, those will open scattered around in various positions that are consistent from session to session I suppose but not in the positions/order I left them in during the last session. And more importantly, there are usually wide gaps of wasted space between some toolbars. I have uploaded a sample image of what I'm referring to using just a couple of toolbars from add-ins.

It would appear the VBA Editor only saves the position of it's own toolbars along with which add-on toolbars were selected to be active in the menu option View | Toolbars, it just doesn't bother to save and restore positions of the add-in toolbars. Why don't the add-in's restore their own toolbars in the correct position between sessions? Good question, I'm assuming because it's not easy to do but I've never written an add-in so I have no idea what is possible in this regard.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  toolbar_example.jpg ( 40.1K )Number of downloads: 7

theDBguy
post Oct 22 2019, 01:47 PM
Post#4

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. Thanks for the explanation. I've no clue either. Good luck!

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    14th November 2019 - 04:47 AM