UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need To Remove Column Marked As Required, SharePoint 2013    

punster
post Nov 14 2018, 01:22 PM
Post#1

Unintentionally I created a column that SharePoint thinks is required - do not get option to Delete when I go into the List ==> Settings ==> Edit Column option. When I added the column I chose "Add from existing site columns" and now it is telling me that it is required every time I edit an item on that list. I am a relatively novice user and have seen posts about using PowerShell to delete - but do not have that skill set. Hoping that there is some easier way to remove the column completely.
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Nov 14 2018, 01:31 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

Just thinking out loud... Do you have enough permission to modify the list? Have you tried asking an admin or owner to see if they could delete the site column?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

punster
post Nov 19 2018, 10:49 AM
Post#3

I am the owner of the site. I do have the option to modify the list, but do not have the option to delete the column; nor do I have the option to change the column to optional - it is treated as required. Think the issue is related to the fact that I do not have access to change any SharePoint properties at the server level.

theDBguy
post Nov 19 2018, 02:26 PM
Post#4

I see. I guess in your organization, a site owner doesn't necessarily mean a site admin as well. Do you know if you have "full control" permission to the site you own?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

punster
post Nov 20 2018, 11:32 AM
Post#5

I do have "full control" but at my company, there are many of the site admin functions that are "locked" at the server level and I do not have the permission to change.

theDBguy
post Nov 20 2018, 11:50 AM
Post#6

Hi,

If you have full control permission and still cannot do certain things you need/want to, then yes, I guess it's time to ask the higher ups in the company for assistance.

Good luck!

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd July 2019 - 01:16 PM