UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Active X Controls    

wbranson
post Sep 20 2002, 11:50 AM
Post#1

Hi, I am trying to make a simple program for work, its not db related, but I was wondering if any could help with active x controls. The problem is, my program contains a RTF ( rich text format) control that works great at home. But when I use it at work I get an error message that states I am missing the RITCH32X.OCX file. I know I must some how bundle this with my project but I dont know how. I have always used my programs on my computer w/the compiler.
I have had this problem before with other formats like the mask edit control, I have never really needed to understand this before, but I quess its time.
Thanks for your help.
Go to the top of the page

wbranson
post Sep 22 2002, 07:51 PM
Post#2

Well, I guess you could say I should get to know my compiler a little better. In case any one is intrested in order to add custom, or activeX, or any other type of control to your project you must complete your project, including testing, and then use a packager from your compiler. Im using VB6 Studio from microsoft. I had never realy looked through the tools that came with my compiler, but sure enough thats where I found the packager. Hope this could help.

CitiZen_Cow
post Sep 22 2002, 10:15 PM
Post#3

Keep us/me posted. I am having the same issue. Small project for work. WOrks GRAET at home. Load the exe at work and nothing. I need to package it using the MTS packager.
rouble is creating this app took all my little brain had to offer and I have to rewrite some of the code in order to package in this manner.
Oquit. tongue.gif

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th July 2019 - 04:37 PM