UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Odbc Call Failed    

TDRooky
post Feb 14 2019, 04:06 PM
Post#1

HI Group

I have successfully connected to a mysql database on my website and have linked to tables from my Access front end. BUT, I get sporadic "Call Failed" errors every several minutes. This happens after I've been allowed to edit tables, etc.

I'm on a Windows 7 64-bit pc, and I did read here that I needed the 32-bit connector instead of the 64-bit connector, so that is what I have installed.

The website host has checked the website settings and they don't believe the problem is on their end, they believe it's local to my setup.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried both the 64-bit and 32-bit drivers individually just to make certain.

thank you
Tracy.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  odbc_error_2006.png ( 96.09K )Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  odbc_error_2013.png ( 121.4K )Number of downloads: 5

Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Feb 14 2019, 08:24 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

Your accdb CAN connect and read the tables, but periodically it loses that connection, right?

That points to a network problem. Are you on a Wired Connection or a Wireless Connection?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

TDRooky
post Feb 15 2019, 08:36 AM
Post#3

In resonse to : Your accdb CAN connect and read the tables, but periodically it loses that connection, right?

Yes! exactly. I can run queries, print reports, etc. then suddenly lose connection. I will eventually come back on its own.

I have a wired connection. I'm going to set up on my wireless laptop today to test.

-Tracy

GroverParkGeorge
post Feb 15 2019, 09:59 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

Wireless is possibly going to be MORE of a problem because it is notoriously less reliable than wired, I'm afraid.

The reason(s) for network drops are numerous. Anything from failing routers or switches, NIC cards in your PC going bad, cables that are not securely plugged in, even interference from other electric equipment. Sudden spikes in a network load wouldn't be out of the question.

Have you discussed the problem with your network administrators?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

TDRooky
post Feb 15 2019, 02:10 PM
Post#5

having similar problems on my wireless pc that I tried today. Able to link to the tables but same errors on dropping the connection once established.

Yes, I now have my network person involved and hopefully can figure this out.

thank you.
-t

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    26th June 2019 - 02:59 AM