UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
> Advice On Data Table Structure, Access 2016    

ntambomvu
post Feb 26 2020, 03:45 AM
Post#1

Hello everyone,

I would welcome suggestions on how to structure a program to help with the production
planning and record keeping in my small factory.

My exposure to MS access is limited - I had experience in programming in dbase 4.2 ( dos )
and this is the language that i used to write the programs that I am currently using.
I am converting to access to upgrade to windows 10.

I will be working with the following main data tables
CUSTOMERS ( has affiliated tables for physical address, postal address, customer details
such as payment history, type of business, harmonized code number , etc)
INVENTORY ( affiliated tables are product detailed description, previous customers, supplier,
factory cad drawing numbers, stores item number, store shelf position etc)
JOBNUMBERS ( affiliated tables are job costing , machinist hours , tooling used, price ,
delivery date expected ,customer and customer order number Etc)
OLD JOBS ( a list of previously done jobs listed by jobnumber product description ,customer,
date and price)
MOULD LIST ( a list of all moulds in stock, store shelf position, drawing numbers, original customer )

As can be seen there are going to be many individual tables ( probably about 40 or 50 maybe more ) and each
interacting with others .

would I be OK to have one access instance with all these tables as .accdb tables within ? which seems
to be a nightmare to keep track of everything . the navigation panel will have all these tables each with its
own set of queries , forms and reports.
I am sure there must be a logical method of keeping all these files together in their own "basket"
Please offer suggestions about how this is done by other companies
Best regards

Fred Evans

Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    25th May 2020 - 02:31 PM