UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Activex Webbrowser Security Warning, Access 2016    

Webster
post Jan 30 2019, 10:27 AM
Post#1

Hello all, I appreciate all the help I have found searching here. Now I have a question that I can't find an answer too (or at least not the answer I want).

My database handles workflow for an office. One tabbed form has the activex web browser on a tab. The browser is set to automatically go to the selected client's files on our server. This all works fine.

The dilemma is the Windows security warning asking "Do you want to allow files from this website to run on your computer?". I have tried setting the Silent property of the browser to true. I also tried a timer on the form, interval set to 500, with the timer event

CODE
Me.MyWebBrowserName.Silent = True

Any ideas? Even knowing it can't be done would be nice; I can't stop trying as long as I think it may be possible. Or is there another way to show file contents in a form?
This post has been edited by Webster: Jan 30 2019, 10:29 AM
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jan 30 2019, 10:55 AM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi,

Welcome to UtterAccess!
welcome2UA.gif

I wonder if there could be a registry setting for that. Otherwise, you can use other ActiveX control like a TreeView to "display" a folder structure (of course, it won't be as intuitive as the browser though).

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Webster
post Jan 30 2019, 11:01 AM
Post#3

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the suggestion. I will look into the registry and the tree view. Any quick info on how to get the file info to populate the treeview control?

Webster
post Jan 30 2019, 06:50 PM
Post#4

If anyone finds this in the future - go to Internet Explorer security settings, and set Intranet setting "Launch Programs and Files in an Iframe" to enabled.

theDBguy
post Jan 30 2019, 09:12 PM
Post#5

UA Moderator

Hi. Thanks for the update. Cheers!

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    6th July 2020 - 02:47 AM