UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Create Visio Like, Or Other Diagramatic Representation From Query, Access 2016    

Louverril
post Jul 28 2020, 08:34 AM
Post#1

Hi,

I know how to create the table structure for a flow chart type / Survey Monkey type flow in Access. But the only way I can think of to transfer this into any sort of a diagrammatic overview is by importing or linking the tables/query into MS Visio.

The Treeview control component (which I have worked with before) doesn't cope with children linking back to say a grandparent as flow login can.

Has anyone got any ideas?

It doesn't have to be super dupa flashy looking - just so you can get an overview of how the nodes link. So doesn't have to be a flow diagram as such - even an indented list of some sort that could show the "go-backs" in any sort of way.

The raw data would be something like this, but there would be up to a couple of hundred nodes.:

Node Parent Post Accept Destination
1 0
2 1 10
3 1 10
4 0 10
5 4 10
6 5 2 - go back to 2
7 5 1 i.e. got back to start
10 9 Finish

The alternative I think would be to create a Visio file myself that links though to a query in the customers current front end showing the current forms query. And then have them install copies of Visio viewer.

Not sure whether this would be simpler or not???

I have used Visio in the past but not for a while and haven't got a copy at the moment.

Any ideas welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by Louverril: Jul 28 2020, 08:53 AM

--------------------
Cheers!

Allyson
UK North Yorkshire / North East
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    6th August 2020 - 08:38 AM