UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Extra Blank Page When Force New Page On Report And Subreport, Access 2016    

matchorno
post Apr 27 2020, 06:26 PM
Post#1

I have a main report that is grouped by a field called HearingID. I want a new page everytime the HearingID changes. So I have 'force new page' set for the HearingID footer section.

There is a subreport in the detail section of the main report. There is also grouping in the subreport on a field called HearingTime. I want to force a new page when the HearingTime changes in the subreport. So i have 'Force New Page' set for the HearingTime footer. The problem...

Within each HearingID, the page breaks as expected when the HearingTime changes. However when the HearingID AND HearingTime changes at the same time (which is almost always), i get a blank page after each HearingID group. I guess that is expected since i have force new page for both group footers. So when the hearingID and hearingTime change at the same time, how can i have only one page break?

Below is just a simple example of how i'd like it. Hope this all makes sense. Let me know if i can clarify anything. Any help is greatly appreciated. I've spent many hours of trial and error to no avail.

HearingID1
---Time1
------detail records
<pg break>
---Time2
------detail records
<pg break>
HearingID2
---Time1
------detail records
<pg break>
---Time2
------detail records
<pg break>
---Time3
------detail records
<pg break>
HearingID3
---Time1
------detail records
[end of report]
This post has been edited by matchorno: Apr 27 2020, 06:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

ranman256
post May 1 2020, 08:50 AM
Post#2

if you adjust the page length ,(shorter) eventually the paginate will not produce the extra page.
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th July 2020 - 06:21 AM