UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anchoring Sub Forms.. Can't Seem To Get Desired Result.., Access 2010    

ccIces
post Oct 23 2012, 02:26 PM
Post#1

I am trying to get a form to stretch to fit various monitors etc. and I have been using the anchoring tools with Access 2010 but I can't seem to get it quite right.
Attached File  subform_stretch.JPG ( 25.52K )Number of downloads: 3

From the diagram what I am trying to accomplish is when the user maximizes the form:
SubForm 1 stay at the top and stretch across to the right
Subform 4 stay in position under subform 1 and tight against the right side but can stretch down.
Sub form 2 and 3 strech down and right to fill in the space.
When I set subform 2 and 3 to down and right, subform 2 starts to stretch overtop of subform 3...
has anyone had much success using anchoring or is there some way to stop or lock the positions?
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Oct 23 2012, 02:49 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,
think the issue with anchoring is that the top-left corner of the control has to be set at a fixed position (hence, the term "anchor). So, since the bottom subform is fixed at it's initial position, it doesn't move away when the top subform starts to stretch over it.
I had a thought of trying to use a single subform control for both subform2 and subform3 but I don't think that will work either. You might have to use code to move the subforms around using the form's Resize event (another one I haven't tried either).
Just my 2 cents... 2cents.gif

theDBguy
post Nov 1 2012, 09:53 PM
Post#3

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

I have another idea, and I think this one will work pretty close to what you want.
Not in front of a computer right now, so will post more details later.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th June 2019 - 06:23 PM