UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> .accdb To .laccdb, Access 2016    

milly62
post Yesterday, 03:48 AM
Post#1

I have an application in Microsoft Access.
When I launch .accdb files, access to Microsoft closes and the file is also converted to .laccdb
If I use the shift key, the file opens normally.
What happens? What can I do
Go to the top of the page

cheekybuddha
post Yesterday, 04:03 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

welcome2UA.gif

Hi, I think you are confusing a couple of things.

The .laccdb file is an additional file which is created when you open an .accdb. It is a locking file, and will remain as long as any user has the .accdb open.

If Access does not shut down correctly the .laccdb file can remain, but will usually disappear again once your .accdb file is next opened and then the last user closes it.

The reason you need to hold the shift key when you open the database to get to the internals is because you (or the developer) has set up a 'startup' form (which is found in the database options, and perhaps also used code to remove the database window on startup (maybe via and autoexec macro).

So, as you have found out, you can bypass this by holding shift when you open the .accdb.

hth,

d

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

JonSmith
post Yesterday, 06:45 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

To add to this, there is likely some startup code in your application that is either closing the application or crashing it.
This can be to prevent tampering, it could be unhandled exceptions killing it. The shift bypass prevents the code from running so no close / crash.

I presume you aren't the developer of this database? Do you have contact with the person who made it?

JS

cheekybuddha
post Yesterday, 06:48 AM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

>> access to Microsoft closes <<

I re-read this several times, and finally I interpreted it to mean that milly62 was unable to access the tables/queries/forms via the database window and perhaps the ribbon is hidden too, rather than an application crash/close.

I may have got it wrong shrug.gif

d

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

JonSmith
post Yesterday, 06:58 AM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

Could definitely be Dave, I read as the application closes and I think there is equal chance I am reading it wrong.

milly62, if you are still struggling and our answers aren't helping perhaps a screenshot of what you see after you open the file can help us?

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th June 2019 - 10:11 PM