UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Merging Pdf's, Access 2016    

JonSmith
post Yesterday, 06:43 AM
Post#1

UtterAccess VIP

Hi guys,

So the web is filled with questions like this. So much junk infact I wanted to check in with the most experienced VBA people I know of to make sure I get the story straight on this one.

At the end of an application I have been asked to make it generates a 1 page report in Word and then it should add subsequent pages to it that consist of various pdf files. These are all scans of hard copies related to page 1.
The end result should be one pdf with the first page being the report from word and subsequent pages the scans from all the extra pdf files.

So easy when you have Acrobat installed, but I hate dependencies like this.
Before I go down this route I wanted to double check that no-one here has thoughts of doing this without using an external library (I did try inserting the pdfs as images into the word document but the results are inconsistent) or if any other third party libraries that I can maybe make portable with the application to remove any machine level dependency could be recommended?

Thanks everyone!
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Yesterday, 07:23 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

I could be wrong but I was under the impression Lebans had a library that had merge capabilities, but yes, you need some external application or libraries.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2018 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

nuclear_nick
post Yesterday, 07:32 AM
Post#3

I don't think you can get away from an external library, either.

This line is from my 'squisher', so called because it combines multiple PDF's into one...
CODE
Set PartDocs(MyFileCount) = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDDoc")

It looks like (but did not do extensive research) you can get the SDK from Adobe.

That's about as far and fast as I went into this right now. Hope it helps.

--------------------
"Nuclear" Nick
The top three reasons to hide code; 1) It's not your own. 2) It's your own, but it's so crappy you don't want anyone to see it. 3) The comments in your code would get you in a lot of trouble if ever made public.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th June 2019 - 10:27 PM