UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Query O365 User List, Access 2016    

PDTech
post Feb 13 2020, 06:11 PM
Post#1

Hi

I want to create a searchable list of O365 users on a form (i.e. actually querying the O365 users, not creating a list somewhere that will need to be maintained).

Background:

Used Access for many years but for the last two have been in the PowerApps world and my Access skills are more than rusty. I have a complex PowerApp (reaching the limits of what PA can handle) only used by Windows desktop users and am thinking it may be better redeveloped in MS Access. The App links to SQL Server DB and will need to display a list of O365 users to select from. I'm wondering how best to reproduce this functionality...

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Feb 13 2020, 06:18 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

How is this list of O365 users stored?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

PDTech
post Feb 24 2020, 07:10 PM
Post#3

>>How is this list of O365 users stored?

In the Office 'Graph'. I guess accessing the AAD user list would also be fine.
I want to be able to enter a partial name and get a list of the matching user names plus their email addresses.
One positive of PowerApps is that it makes this sort of thing very easy, whereas in Access I imagine I'm going to need to query O365 or AAD via web protocols with necessary authentication and so on. I've not really used Access for a couple of years so was hoping maybe some integration with O365 and web in general has been added.

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    26th February 2020 - 06:31 PM