UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Excel References - What Is Missing, Access 2016    

john_willmott
post Jun 30 2020, 11:55 AM
Post#1

Hi All,

I have a split FE/BE access 2016 database which is working well. I have added some code to to generate a Production Planning Gant chart in excel:-

Dim appExcel As Excel.Application - I get compile error "User-defined type not defined" (as expected)

I go to the tools / references and add Microsoft Excel 16.0 Object library and everything works (as expected)

I then produce an .accde file - again this works on my machine.

Distribute the front end to the clients machines - some run it from the C:, but some run it on the terminal server as they are working from home due to COVID.

Those running from C:\ work perfectly - those on the terminal server now have a message '3075 Function is not available in expressions in query expression date() + Time(', and calculated fields on forms show #name?

This was exactly the same error I encountered a few months ago when the \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16\MSO.DLL was missing. We put this file in the folder and it has been working.

The only real change (apart from code which all compiles fine on my development machine) is the addition of the Excel Object Library.

What is the file name for the Excel 16.0 Object library? or could something else need to be installed on the terminal server office installation?

Any suggestions welcome

John
Go to the top of the page

john_willmott
post Jun 30 2020, 12:35 PM
Post#2

Just found it !

Excel is not installed on the server?

theDBguy
post Jun 30 2020, 12:35 PM
Post#3

UA Moderator

Hi John.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Cheers!

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    7th July 2020 - 10:45 AM