UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do I Change Size Of A Field Without Also Enlarging Other Fields?, Access 2016    

BillMc791@gmail....
post Jun 30 2020, 02:18 PM
Post#1

When I use 2 headed arrow to enlarge a field it also enlarges all the other fields. I have a split form that has only 2 fields that need to be wide. The other fields are type YES/NO. I need more space for the YES/NO fields. I am a beginner and do not know VBA.
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jun 30 2020, 02:23 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi. Welcome to UtterAccess!
welcome2UA.gif

You could try the following steps:
1. In the Design View of your form, select the two textboxes together
2. From the Arrange tab on the Ribbon, click on the Remove Layout button

Hope that helps...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

GroverParkGeorge
post Jun 30 2020, 02:40 PM
Post#3

UA Admin

Help me understand better.

You have a split form. On one portion of that form, the controls are laid out according to the pattern you want to see in the "normal view". On the other part of the split form, the controls are all laid out as a datasheet.

Which section do you want to change? The controls on the normal view section of the form or the controls in the datasheet?

If it's the normal view section, you can remove the layout grid as theDBGuy describes and then adjust each control individually.

If it's the datasheet section, Each control falls in a column, so the width of any given column will be the same for each of the controls in it, and that is independent of the remaining columns.

I assume, like the theDBGuy, that you are talking about the normal view section and that the reason for the controls lining up as you don't want is that there is a layout grid in place on it.

Another way to achieve the layout you want is to leave the layout grid in place, but to merge and split individual rows and columns and even cells in it so that each cell has the desired width independently of the others. That's potentially tricky to do, but might actually be a good way to keep the individual benefits of the layout and individual control placement.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

BillMc791@gmail....
post Jun 30 2020, 07:32 PM
Post#4

Am I correct in assuming you mean ab! and Aa [the ! is a stand in for a vertical line which I do not know know to do] I made attempts using SHIFT and then later CTRL It does not appear possible to select both together.

theDBguy
post Jun 30 2020, 08:36 PM
Post#5

UA Moderator

Hi. If you can't select both, then select them one at a time and click the button once for each.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    7th July 2020 - 10:26 AM